Stillwater is a rural town in Sussex County that has over 300 years of history. The roads all used to be horse trails, and some of the families here have lived on their land since before we were a nation.
- The old houses in Stillwater have a lot of history in them. Carpenter bees, termites, and many other pests don’t share our appreciation however. It’s a shame to see a house standing for hundreds of years, only to be destroyed by a pest problem. With each day that passes with pests in your home, you lose a bit of that home. How much of your home do you lose?It would take one termite 3,144 years to eat the wood in a 1,000-square-foot home.
- Mature colonies of termites have 200,000 to 2,000,000 workers.
- 10 colonies may live on a single acre of land.
How fast can a worst-case scenario infestation on a single acre of land eat wood?
- 10 colonies x 2,000,000 termite workers = 20,000,000 termite workers
- 1000 square feet / 3144 years = each termite eats 3.144 square feet a year
- 3.144 ft / 365 days = 0.00861 square feet a day per termite
- 0.00861 square feet x 20,000,000 = 172,200 square feet EVERY DAY per acre of infestation
Keep in mind a full-blown infestation doesn’t happen overnight, and the colonies can be much smaller. It takes at least 3 years for a termite colony to mature, but if the pest problem isn’t treated in time, your family home’s hundred year run will likely be coming to a close very soon.
Even with a single matured colony of only 200,000 termites, you lose 1,722 square feet a day of wood. With that in mind, we hope that you can agree that there’s no time to waste. If you have pests in your historic home, call the Masters today!
Trouble with Fleas in your area?
Fleas are very common problem in the northeast. The adult fleas in your house typically make up only 20% of the flea population. The remaining 80% will be in the egg, larval, or pupae stage.
Valerie B. – Milford, PA
Used today for first time. Very responsive, technician friendly and thorough.
JoAnn & Gilbert B. – Stockholm, NJ
Masters Pest Control was recommended to us by the previous owners of a seasonal lake house we purchased in 2013, and we have been using them since, on our permanent residence also. They are reliable and guarantee their treatments which are safe and effective. The technicians are always professional and trustworthy.
Christina – Middletown, NY
As a realtor, when I have a need for a pest control company, Masters Pest Control is always my go-to choice for consistent service. Bob and his team are thorough, professional, reliable, and responsive. Excellent customer service! I have been using and recommending Masters Pest Control to my clients for many years and I highly recommend them!