Stillwater is a rural town in Sussex County that has over 300 years of history. The roads all used to be horse trails, and some of the families here have lived on their land since before we were a nation.
- The old houses in Stillwater have a lot of history in them. Carpenter bees, termites, and many other pests don’t share our appreciation however. It’s a shame to see a house standing for hundreds of years, only to be destroyed by a pest problem. With each day that passes with pests in your home, you lose a bit of that home. How much of your home do you lose?It would take one termite 3,144 years to eat the wood in a 1,000-square-foot home.
- Mature colonies of termites have 200,000 to 2,000,000 workers.
- 10 colonies may live on a single acre of land.
How fast can a worst-case scenario infestation on a single acre of land eat wood?
- 10 colonies x 2,000,000 termite workers = 20,000,000 termite workers
- 1000 square feet / 3144 years = each termite eats 3.144 square feet a year
- 3.144 ft / 365 days = 0.00861 square feet a day per termite
- 0.00861 square feet x 20,000,000 = 172,200 square feet EVERY DAY per acre of infestation
Keep in mind a full-blown infestation doesn’t happen overnight, and the colonies can be much smaller. It takes at least 3 years for a termite colony to mature, but if the pest problem isn’t treated in time, your family home’s hundred year run will likely be coming to a close very soon.
Even with a single matured colony of only 200,000 termites, you lose 1,722 square feet a day of wood. With that in mind, we hope that you can agree that there’s no time to waste. If you have pests in your historic home, call the Masters today!
Trouble with Termites in your area?
There is a ton of information out there about termites. You can spend a lot of time on the computer, do a lot of research, and probably get yourself confused, frustrated, scared or all three.
Patrick M. – Branchville, NJ
I have been using Masters Pest Control for several years now and their service has always been excellent.
Glenn T. – Greenwood Lake, NY
Masters provides excellent termite and small pest control. They have eliminated termites, spiders and other small critters which were in our home when we bought it in 2011. They have been there for us ever since.
Bob P. – Milford, PA
I have used Masters for 20 years. In that time I have have experienced first class professional service from Bob, the technicians, and office staff. Masters has continuously improved operations and service. I have recommended Masters to family and friends, and never received any negative feedback regarding the service. Most important, my home and surrounding grounds are pest free.