The following items need to be done prior to the treatment
- Vacuum or shampoo your carpet and furniture, including under and in the furniture.
- Discard vacuum cleaner bag and discard or wash pet bedding in warm to hot soapy water.
- Sweep and mop floors, especially under beds, closets, and baseboards. Wipe areas of pet activity with warm to hot soapy water. Flea eggs can slip off pets in any area, high or low, that the pet can go.fleaCycle
- Cover your aquariums and unplug the air pumps. We are not responsible for your fish.
- Remove your pets’ food and water containers as well as litter boxes.
- Remove all toys & clutter from your floor, and yard (if necessary). Exposed floor space is a key factor in colony elimination. IMPORTANT: The technician will be applying a very light misty spray over as much of the floor surface as possible, including under beds and between mattress.
- It may be necessary to have access to the sub-area (basement or crawl), garage and yard. Not usually.
- Treat pets on the day of service if possible. We recommend using a veterinarian, “or” an Animal Hospital.
- Keep all people and pets off the property for 4-5 hours, sometimes less depending on weather.
Payment can be made via check, cash, money order, Visa, Master Card, or you may be billed In 30-day increments. If payment is not made within thirty days from the date of service, a 1.5% service charge will be added. A one-time collection/processing fee of $25.00 will be added to your balance if no attempt at payment towards the balance due.
The following items need to be done after the treatment
- Keep children and pets off treated areas until the treatment has dried. This will take approximately 4-5 hours, sometimes less.
- Ventilate your house prior to occupancy.
- Adult fleas may be observed after the treatment. The elimination of the fleas should not be expected for up to 21 days due to the incubation period and (activity) of the fleas.
- Vacuum lightly for 14 days. Ordinary vacuums cannot pick up the chemicals we use but can pick up adult fleas still hopping around. Fleas can re-infest your home from the vacuum cleaner. A small amount of flea powder (1 teaspoon or less) can be vacuumed directly into the vacuum cleaner to kill the fleas that may have been vacuumed up. When that time is over discard the bag in a trash receptacle. The vacuuming will get the fleas threw their cycle more quickly, resulting in better service performance.
- Do allow 21 days for the treatment to reach its maximum effectiveness. There can be any number of fleas going through any of their stages of life at one given time. If after that time there is a problem, give our office a call & we’ll be happy to help.
Call with any questions. We are here to help! If you think you may have a flea problem in your home, contact us immediately.
CAUTION: Do not kill fleas by squeezing them. They can carry parasites and diseases.