Stillwater is a rural town that has over 300 years of history. The roads all used to be horse trails, and some of the families here have lived on their land since before we were a nation.
- The old houses in Stillwater have a lot of history in them. Carpenter bees, termites, and many other pests don’t share our appreciation however. It’s a shame to see a house standing for hundreds of years, only to be destroyed by a pest problem. With each day that passes with pests in your home, you lose a bit of that home. How much of your home do you lose?It would take one termite 3,144 years to eat the wood in a 1,000-square-foot home.
- Mature colonies of termites have 200,000 to 2,000,000 workers.
- 10 colonies may live on a single acre of land.
How fast can a worst-case scenario infestation on a single acre of land eat wood?
- 10 colonies x 2,000,000 termite workers = 20,000,000 termite workers
- 1000 square feet / 3144 years = each termite eats 3.144 square feet a year
- 3.144 ft / 365 days = 0.00861 square feet a day per termite
- 0.00861 square feet x 20,000,000 = 172,200 square feet EVERY DAY per acre of infestation
Keep in mind a full-blown infestation doesn’t happen overnight, and the colonies can be much smaller. It takes at least 3 years for a termite colony to mature, but if the pest problem isn’t treated in time, your family home’s hundred year run will likely be coming to a close very soon.
Even with a single matured colony of only 200,000 termites, you lose 1,722 square feet a day of wood. With that in mind, we hope that you can agree that there’s no time to waste. If you have pests in your historic home, call the Masters today!
Trouble with Termites in your area?
There is a ton of information out there about termites. You can spend a lot of time on the computer, do a lot of research, and probably get yourself confused, frustrated, scared or all three.
Ann C. – Campbell Hall, NY
I have been using Masters for many years for mine and my Mom’s house. We appreciate the professionalism and excellent service. Always willing to come back if necessary. Thank you for all the courtesy through the years.
Jeff B. – Milford, PA
This is the first time I’ve hired services for pest control, but I couldn’t have been happier with the service. Bob (the owner) came to our home to conduct a free and thorough evaluation of our situation. He was prompt, courteous and very patient answer my many questions. He provided a detailed proposal explaining my options and recommended treatment. Bob’s online services made it extremely easy to confirm services without any hassle. Bob’s team all provided the same high level of competence, professionalism and care when answering the phone, scheduling appointments and applying the treatments. Any business owner would do well to model themselves after Masters Pest Control. I would hire Masters Pest Control again without any hesitation and I recommend them to anyone with any pest control problem! Thank you to Bob and his entire team.
Jennifer & John E. – Milford, PA
We’ve been using Master’s for over 3 years mainly for mouse remediation and prevention, but also for a single ant issue. Their customer service is great and all the techs we’ve dealt with have been extremely courteous and skilled imparting a lot of practical home owner knowledge along the way.