Stillwater is a rural town that has over 300 years of history. The roads all used to be horse trails, and some of the families here have lived on their land since before we were a nation.
- The old houses in Stillwater have a lot of history in them. Carpenter bees, termites, and many other pests don’t share our appreciation however. It’s a shame to see a house standing for hundreds of years, only to be destroyed by a pest problem. With each day that passes with pests in your home, you lose a bit of that home. How much of your home do you lose?It would take one termite 3,144 years to eat the wood in a 1,000-square-foot home.
- Mature colonies of termites have 200,000 to 2,000,000 workers.
- 10 colonies may live on a single acre of land.
How fast can a worst-case scenario infestation on a single acre of land eat wood?
- 10 colonies x 2,000,000 termite workers = 20,000,000 termite workers
- 1000 square feet / 3144 years = each termite eats 3.144 square feet a year
- 3.144 ft / 365 days = 0.00861 square feet a day per termite
- 0.00861 square feet x 20,000,000 = 172,200 square feet EVERY DAY per acre of infestation
Keep in mind a full-blown infestation doesn’t happen overnight, and the colonies can be much smaller. It takes at least 3 years for a termite colony to mature, but if the pest problem isn’t treated in time, your family home’s hundred year run will likely be coming to a close very soon.
Even with a single matured colony of only 200,000 termites, you lose 1,722 square feet a day of wood. With that in mind, we hope that you can agree that there’s no time to waste. If you have pests in your historic home, call the Masters today!
Trouble with Carpenter Ants in your area?
In the northeast carpenter ants are probably do more damage to homes than termites. They are probably the #1 wood damaging pest pest, and most likely to do damage to your home.
Carla & Don S. – Shohola, PA
We called Master’s because we regularly had mice in our basement. The initial inspection seemed thorough, the technician knowledgeable, and everything was explained. We have been happy with the service so far; it was money well spent. We would definitely use Master’s again.
Pamela T. – Hawley, PA
They completed a comprehensive review, giving the best choice to get rid the the pests.
Shawn & Laurie H. – Milford, PA
Tyler, as always, is courteous and professional. He always honors our request in specific areas to make it easier for our dogs in our backyard.