Stillwater is a rural town that has over 300 years of history. The roads all used to be horse trails, and some of the families here have lived on their land since before we were a nation.
- The old houses in Stillwater have a lot of history in them. Carpenter bees, termites, and many other pests don’t share our appreciation however. It’s a shame to see a house standing for hundreds of years, only to be destroyed by a pest problem. With each day that passes with pests in your home, you lose a bit of that home. How much of your home do you lose?It would take one termite 3,144 years to eat the wood in a 1,000-square-foot home.
- Mature colonies of termites have 200,000 to 2,000,000 workers.
- 10 colonies may live on a single acre of land.
How fast can a worst-case scenario infestation on a single acre of land eat wood?
- 10 colonies x 2,000,000 termite workers = 20,000,000 termite workers
- 1000 square feet / 3144 years = each termite eats 3.144 square feet a year
- 3.144 ft / 365 days = 0.00861 square feet a day per termite
- 0.00861 square feet x 20,000,000 = 172,200 square feet EVERY DAY per acre of infestation
Keep in mind a full-blown infestation doesn’t happen overnight, and the colonies can be much smaller. It takes at least 3 years for a termite colony to mature, but if the pest problem isn’t treated in time, your family home’s hundred year run will likely be coming to a close very soon.
Even with a single matured colony of only 200,000 termites, you lose 1,722 square feet a day of wood. With that in mind, we hope that you can agree that there’s no time to waste. If you have pests in your historic home, call the Masters today!
Trouble with Termites in your area?
There is a ton of information out there about termites. You can spend a lot of time on the computer, do a lot of research, and probably get yourself confused, frustrated, scared or all three.
Carly & Dave M. – Middletown, NY
Our family has been utilizing Masters Pest Control for approximately two years now. We initially began using them for an issue wit roaches, and recently due to an issue with bed bugs. We feel that we get honest, upfront, and knowledgeable answers to all our questions. Their technicians are down to earth, professional, and courteous. Their rates are reasonable and we appreciate the personal service we receive from Masters Pest Control. Our family would highly recommend this company to anyone in need of pest control services.
Shawn & Laurie H. – Milford, PA
Tyler, as always, is courteous and professional. He always honors our request in specific areas to make it easier for our dogs in our backyard.
Maria I. – Rock Tavern, NY
We have been using Masters for many years and have had nothing but good experiences. I especially like Adam who is always courteous, respectful, professional and accommodating. He gets the job done and follows up to insure complete satisfaction. This is a well managed and friendly company.