Stillwater is a rural town that has over 300 years of history. The roads all used to be horse trails, and some of the families here have lived on their land since before we were a nation.
- The old houses in Stillwater have a lot of history in them. Carpenter bees, termites, and many other pests don’t share our appreciation however. It’s a shame to see a house standing for hundreds of years, only to be destroyed by a pest problem. With each day that passes with pests in your home, you lose a bit of that home. How much of your home do you lose?It would take one termite 3,144 years to eat the wood in a 1,000-square-foot home.
- Mature colonies of termites have 200,000 to 2,000,000 workers.
- 10 colonies may live on a single acre of land.
How fast can a worst-case scenario infestation on a single acre of land eat wood?
- 10 colonies x 2,000,000 termite workers = 20,000,000 termite workers
- 1000 square feet / 3144 years = each termite eats 3.144 square feet a year
- 3.144 ft / 365 days = 0.00861 square feet a day per termite
- 0.00861 square feet x 20,000,000 = 172,200 square feet EVERY DAY per acre of infestation
Keep in mind a full-blown infestation doesn’t happen overnight, and the colonies can be much smaller. It takes at least 3 years for a termite colony to mature, but if the pest problem isn’t treated in time, your family home’s hundred year run will likely be coming to a close very soon.
Even with a single matured colony of only 200,000 termites, you lose 1,722 square feet a day of wood. With that in mind, we hope that you can agree that there’s no time to waste. If you have pests in your historic home, call the Masters today!
Trouble with Carpenter Ants in your area?
In the northeast carpenter ants are probably do more damage to homes than termites. They are probably the #1 wood damaging pest pest, and most likely to do damage to your home.
Janusz K. – Monroe, NY
Service was professional and accommodating. I was informed about my options and Robert was available for additional questions after the service was done.
Albert N. – New Windsor, NY
I have been using them for many years. Always come as soon as possible when there is a problem. Always notify you of service. Their rate is reasonable.Technicians are professional and friendly.I have recommended them to others and will continue to.
Jennifer & John E. – Milford, PA
We’ve been using Master’s for over 3 years mainly for mouse remediation and prevention, but also for a single ant issue. Their customer service is great and all the techs we’ve dealt with have been extremely courteous and skilled imparting a lot of practical home owner knowledge along the way.